[Closed] FatherChastane Staff Application
What is your IGN? (In-game Name)-FatherChastane
What is your age?-17
What time-zone are you located?-GMT
What position are you applying for?-Helper
How many hours a week do you think you would be able to commit to moderating/helping?- Currently 15-20 Hours but it depends on the week
These are all what-if scenarios. Please make sure to answer them completely and honestly. There is no wrong or right answer with these, just what you feel that you should do, or what should be done. Be as specific as possible with these answers as well please.
- If you are online, and a group of people come onto the server and start cussing/swearing at other players, what should you do?
If i were online and a group of people come to the server and are rude and offensive towards other players I would first server mute them then screenshot what they are saying, then i would clear chat and notify a mod or an admin so appropriate punishments can be given out.
- If you are wandering around as a moderator/helper and you come across something that is racist/not allowed on the server, what steps would you take to make sure it’s reported properly?
I would first screenshot it and write down the cords of whatever it is then notify a mod of admin so they can figure out what to do about it.
- If you see that there is an argument occurring in chat what would you do to mitigate the situation and keep everyone calm?
I would first see what they are arguing about and try to get more information on what they are talking about, then i would try and calm them down and suggest them to move whatever argument they are having over to private messages on discord and remind them that arguing in public chat is not allowed.
- After seeing multiple names log in and it occurs to you that it’s a bot attack, how would you help maintain the peace on the server with the other players to help staff/admins take care of the situation?
I would just tell people to stay calm and that staff is handling it, and i would ask them not to talk in the chat so if any bans are given out to and bots logging in they are not mistaken for one and accidentally banned.
These are just general questions about you as a person and why you feel you would be a great addition to our growing staff team.
- What do you feel makes a person a good candidate for a moderator/helper position? (i.e. skills and assets)
I feel like i am a very personable person and i get along with most people, i try to be as friendly as i can and i think that helps me gain the trust of other players on the server so they don't feel afraid when they have to talk to me, i am also very good when it comes to clients and other types of illegal activities on the server so i know what they look like and whether or not a person is using them or not.
- How do you think you’ve helped with the server and the player base we currently have?
I feel like i've been a very friendly person and get along with most everyone on the server, I know i haven't been the most active the past few weeks but im taking less days on work so i shouldn't be burnt out as much when it comes to getting on and interacting with people everyday.
- What would you like to see implemented into the server? Do you have any ideas that you would like to make into a reality? If you do, what are they.
I would like to see implemented into the server some extra activities and worlds that make the server different every time someone logs on, currently when you have the most gear and a lot of money you have nothing to do anymore but I think that adding extra activities and maybe even just i extra game mode would spice things up for people.
- What do you feel makes you stand out, and why should we pick you to become part of the staff team?
I feel that my ability to make friends quickly and my ability to be able to change my tone on a switch make me a good choice for the staff team. I can be funny and personable with people and I'm almost always in discord chat so i could monitor that while talking to people. Lastly i feel like i could enforce some rules that currently have a bit to leniency with some of the other mods such as directed language and spam in chat. This has been better recently but with new people coming into discord and the server and all i feel like it isn't taken as seriously as it should be.